Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thistleberry Farm - Escape from the Corn

http://www.thistleberryfarm.com/

I believe that this runs through the end of October. There are lots of activities for kids and families at this farm. I took my one year old son here for 1.5 hours and he really enjoyed it.

The restroom is a single portable potty - no changing stations, no handwashing station. There is a handwashing station in the barn containing the petting zoo. I resorted to reclining my Graco stroller seat to change my son's diaper. If you are a single person with a toddler it can prove to be quite difficult as an adult trying to use the restroom. The staff here are very kind and friendly.

We first visited the petting zoo, which is free. We looked at the puppies, chickens, roosters, rabbits, ducks and bunny rabbits. The kittens were too young to see at the time we visited. This is a great place to work on refining animal sounds. We especially enjoyed the roosters. My son now has an excellent handle on the rooster call. It's become his signal that he is awake in the morning (hey, it beats crying!) We petted two friendly horses and a few goats.

We paid $1.00 to ride the pedal carts around the track for two laps. I put my son in his Baby Bjorn carrier (Only to have him securely attached to me and on my lap, otherwise he is too heavy) My son made his motor sounds and giggled as I joined in.

We then paid $1.00 to ride the Cow Train. May I suggest the last two "cows" to ride in as anything closer to the tractor and you might get dusted. This Cow Train was seen at the Marshall County Blueberry Festival Parade in Plymouth. It took first place in the Miscellaneous Motorized Unit division.

There are a few food items available for purchase. nothing toddler appropriate. I brought food for my son and we ate our lunch at one of the picnic tables provided at the end of our day.

No comments: